Sunday, October 10, 2010

where are the updates?

I know this is a question returning readers will have from time to time. Seeing as it is usually for the same reason I'd like to put up a one time disclaimer/explaination as to why I can't update as often as I'd like to.

It's simply one of the disadvantages of living in a third world country -- unreliable internet and electricity. And it will only continue to get worse as we enter the dry months of winter. It's hydroelectric power and not enough is generated to supply the country's needs. Last winter we had up to 16 hours of power cuts per day.

Then there's the factor that when the power is on we've been getting somewhere between 180 to 200 volts instead of 220 so everything runs just a bit slower. Sometimes I go three or four days before I get a good strong connection that allows me to put things up, even then uploading pictures is difficult. Not that I'm complaining, just explaining.

So in the words of the luvets "Don't go away. We'll be rrriiight back."

And in the mean time if you have a minute pray that the powerplants stay up and running; that we get some rain this winter; and that there can eventually be a solution to the power problem. Thanks.

No comments: