Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Book Review -- One Unknown

I know I originally said that I'd review an Agatha Christie novel next, but I think that can wait seeing as it's not a particularly wonderful one, and this book fits in better with my overall theme here.

So today I want to talk about One Unknown by Gill Hicks, survivor of the London bombings in 2005. As a result of the bomb attack Gill became a double amputee after loosing both her legs. In this memior Gill tells her remarkable story of life before and after the bombing. Through perseverance, positiveness, and an enjoyable sense of Australian humour Gill make a complete comeback with a new sense of priorities.

I give this book five stars out of five as I found it so motivating and inspiring. Never once did I feel that Gill wanted us to feel sorry for her, rather that she is sharing her story to present what she's learned through a difficult, but life changing experience, so that we can all gain something from her lessons as well. If you haven't yet read this book, I'd definitely recomend it.

No comments: