Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back to Front

This is one of my latest favorite songs. It's not the greatest video, but all the ones of Eliza Doolittle singing Back to Front live have pretty bad sound quality.

I like the idea of everything going backwards, and the simplicity of being children again, rather than the complications of getting older. And I guess I've been thinking about that more lately as I just turned 30 a few days ago.

It's interesting as I'm visiting my mom now, and seeing some old friends that I haven't seen since we were all teens. There's been a lot of reminicing going on. Nice to revisit old memories and good times.

But when I really do think about it, I wouldn't quite want to go back to those days even if I had the opportunity to. Having learned so much over the years, and changed, hopefully for the bettter, I wouldn't want to undo any of that. So in the end, I will be happy going forward, having new experiences and adventures, and making progress even if it does come along with getting older.

No comments: